Friday, December 5, 2014

SPORTS >> There can only be one

By Senior Airman Cliffton Dolezal
19th Airlift Wing Public Affairs

The brackets have been set and the 2014 intramural flag football post season is ready for kickoff. Three teams will enter the playoffs with only one loss. It’s certainly shaping up to be one of the more exciting post seasons Little Rock Air Force Base has ever seen. 

Last year’s champions, the 314th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, managed to skate by this season after only succumbing to two losses. Considering they lost a few key starters, I believe they are happy with the way they finished up this season. Nevertheless I expect the 314th AMXS to be there until the end.

Another one of my favorites to make the championship game is the “Renegades” from Camp Robinson. They run a very fast paced game and are always a threat with the ball. They’ll run circles around you if you’re not a disciplined defense, and once you load the box to try and prevent the run attempts, bam! They’ll run some play action and hit one of their wideouts over the top. Their defense plays the same way; fast and smart. Look out for these guys.

And finally, my sleeper pick. I’m predicting the 19th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron team 2 to do some damage. With a record of 6-3, they have shown they can win games. But two of their losses have come from good teams; last year’s champions, the 314th AMXS, and the Renegades. Plus they only lost those two games by a combined score of six points. Do not take this team lightly. 

I know I’m not going to make many friends with this pick, but I’m going with the Renegades from Camp Robinson to win it all. From what I’ve seen, they are the best all-around team. I expect them to cruise through the playoffs. 


Whoever takes the cake will have bragging rights for a year and the honor of safeguarding the trophy during the offseason. During the games I have covered the team with the largest fan base usually generates momentum more quickly and has more of an advantage in the critical moments of the game, so come out and show your support and fly your colors!

No comments: