Friday, June 13, 2008

VIEW FROM THE TOP >> Together...everyone accomplishes more

By Chief Master Sgt. Anthony Brinkley
314th Airlift Wing command chief


First, let me thank General Schatz and each of you for welcoming me and my family to Little Rock AFB. As I move around the base, I plan to meet all of you and thank you for your contributions to our nation’s security. I am happy to be a part of Team Little Rock! I have heard “Team” broken down like this - Together, Everyone Accomplishes More.

The ways I plan on helping the team is to place an emphasis on the following items: 1. Safety, 2. Training, 3. Supervisory Development, and 4. Quality of Life.

First, we cannot accomplish our mission if we are not acting in a safe way. I am passionate about each supervisor doing all they can to create and foster a safe work environment. Supervisors also need to stress off-duty safety. If you are ever unsure about a procedure or task from a safety standpoint, I am strongly encouraging you to seek guidance before you act. Safety is a team effort.

Second, if we are not properly trained, it can lead to second and third order effects, such as, hurting ourselves or someone else. Improper training also leads to replacing equipment and having to expend more time to redo a task. Training is the life blood of an organization.

Third, our Airmen will become the leaders they see. Plainly put, the first line supervisors are the key to our team functioning effectively. I believe promotions, awards, disciplinary actions, as well as many other things, are related to our supervisors. I expect each supervisor to take a personal interest in their subordinate; understanding how they live, work and play. This will be one that you typically hear more on.

Lastly, we will advocate for the things that enhance the way our Airmen and their families live through quality of life initiatives. We owe it to each member of our team that champion the right concerns to enhance environmental concerns for our teammates. It is a privilege to support you in these endeavors, and again thanks for everything you do daily. Combat Airlift!

No comments: